So, I have not long ago cooked and ate something really tasty. Definitely the tastiest thing I have cooked in a while.
I found this recipe in a cookbook, which I got for Christmas, that I really wanted to try called Lamb on flatbreads. This recipe required you to make your own flatbreads, which I was going to do, but with essays due I decided to just buy some pittas and do my own version.
And this is how you do it:
*500g minced lamb
*1 red chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
*1tsp of sugar
*1tbs of dried mint
*2tbs of tomato puree
*2 gloves of garlic
*1 pack of 6 plain white pittas
*Sprinkling of paprika
1. First preheat the oven to 200 degrees, then chop the onion and garlic and sweat in the oil on a low heat.
2. Meanwhile, get the rest of the ingredients (expect the pittas and paprika) and put together in a bowl.
3. Next, using your hands mix it all together until the lamb is well mixed with rest of ingredients.
4. By now your onion should be soft, so add the lamb mixture, mixing occasionally and making sure it isn’t in one big lump.
5. Meanwhile, layout the pittas on a a baking, they don’t need cutting in half.
6. Once all the lamb had browned put it on top of all the pittas, including some of the oil as that adds delicious flavour!
7. Place in oven and cook for 5-10 minutes until the pittas have warmed through.
8. Once cooked sprinkle some paprika on, then eat and enjoy:)
The whole dish is soft, the pittas just tear apart and the flavour of the lamb has soaked right through which is delicious.
The lamb is cooked to perfection and the chilli gives it a tasty little kick. There is a slight taste of mint which doesn’t overpower anything just blends in well. The tomato puree brings it all to life.
I really cannot wait to make this again.