This Spanish inspired recipe is quick and pretty easy to do. When cooked the fish just pulls away and is infused with flavours from the spicy chorizo. The roasted red onion and cherry tomatoes work great with it as well.
1 trout, with head, bones and guts removed and scaled
1 large red onion, cut into chunks
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
A small bunch on Thyme
100g of chorizo, cubed
4 tbsp of olive oil
1. First, preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
2. Next, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a fry pan, fry the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes, until the onion has softened. Don’t let the garlic burn here.
3. Then add the chorizo and fry for about 5 minutes, until the fat comes out of the chorizo, flavouring the onions.
4. Add the thyme, leaving 2 or 3 sprigs for the fish, and the tomatoes, season well and stir, cooking for 1 minute.
5. Transfer this mixture to an oven proof dish, and score the skin on the fish, fill the scores with thyme, season and oil the skin, then place on top of the chorizo mixture.
6. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the fish is fully cooked and the skin is crispy.
Sadly this photo doesn’t give the dish much justice! but it does taste lovely!