Forget grabbing those fish fingers out of the freezer for tea, it is very simple to make your own. So why not give it a go!
2 fillets of fish, depending on size and number of people your serving. (Cod or haddock are both good here, but any white fish works great.)
1. Cut your fillet into finger shapes, you may need to de-bone or remove the skin first.
2. Whisk the eggs and put in a shallow bowl, also put the flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, and the breadcrumbs in two separate bowls.
3. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and put over a medium high heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, put the fish in the flour, then the egg, then breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown.
5. Fry the fish fingers on each side, they will be done once they have gone golden brown on all sides.
6. Serve with salad and homemade oven chips (see below)
Homemade oven chips can be prepared and cooked in the same time as the frozen version.
1 potato per person, peeled and chopped into similar size pieces.
Any other flavourings, you could use spices or herbs to make your chips a little more exciting.
1. First, pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees then fill a pan with water, add the raw, prepared potatoes and bring to the boil.
2. Once the water is boiling, take the potatoes off, drain, then place onto a baking tray, making sure they aren’t piled on top of each other.
3. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, ensuring each chip gets a good covering on both sides.
4. Sprinkle the chips with salt, and any other flavourings, then bake in oven for 20 minutes.