Easy to make, but full of flavour. When baking the leeks and bacon go crispy, while the goats cheese just melts perfectly.
What you will need:
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 large leeks, cleaned and sliced
1 sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry
1 tbsp of crème fraiche
1 tbsp of wholegrain mustard
2 rashers of back bacon, chopped
1 200g block of creamy goat’s cheese, cut in half length-ways.
1. First, pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees, or 180 degrees if you have a fan oven.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the leeks, and gently cook for five minutes until they have gone soft.
3. Add the bacon and cook for
another five minutes, season with the salt and black pepper, and leave to cool.
4. Next, unroll the pastry and cut in half to make two separate tarts, and place onto a lined baking tray.
5. Using a knife mark a border about 1.5cm from the edge.
6. Mix the crème fraiche and mustard together in a bowl then spread
over the inside of the pastry, not
getting any inside the border.
7. Next, spoon the leek and bacon mixture on top of the crème fraiche and place the goat’s cheese on top.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden and crispy.