What you will need:
2 fillets of sea trout
25g of butter
1 lemon, halved
For the fricassee:
1 tbsp of olive oil
100g of chorizo, diced
250g of waxy potatoes, cut into small cubes
1 tsp of smoked paprika
125ml of chicken stock
150g of cooked peas
For the caper dressing:
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
Small bunch of tarragon, finely chopped
1. First make the dressing. Heat one tbsp of the olive oil in a saucepan and add the capers and onion, then cook until the onion has softened.
2. Add the red wine vinegar and let it simmer for a minute, remove from the heat.
3. Next, add the rest of the oil and the tarragon and leave to one side,
letting the flavours infuse together.
4. To make the fricassee, heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chorizo and fry for about two minutes until it goes crispy.
5. Add the potatoes to the chorizo, and sprinkle with the paprika and cook for five minutes, occasionally mixing the ingredients together, until the potatoes start to brown at the edges.
6.Next, pour in all the chicken stock and turn up the heat. Boil the stock for eight to ten minutes until it has nearly all evaporated and the
potatoes are slightly cooked.
7. Add the peas to the pan and cook for two more minutes, then set this aside.
8. Next, score the skin of the trout fillets using a sharp knife and season with salt and black pepper.
9. Heat the butter in a frying pan. When the butter starts to sizzle, carefully place the fillet skin-side down in the pan and gently fry for about eight minutes, until the skin is crispy, and most of the flesh has cooked through.
10. Turn the fillet over, squeeze the lemon over it, and cook for a further minute. Once cooked, turn off the heat, but leave the fish in the pan while you serve up.