You won’t miss meat with these vegetarian sausages that are full of flavour and squidgy cheese. All great for using up leftovers.
Ingredients (makes 16 small sausages)
- For the sausages:
- 225g of fresh breadcrumbs
- 125 of grated cheese, I used cheddar as that it what I had in the fridge but a Welsh cheese would be best
- 1/2 tsp of wholegrain mustard
- 175g of leek, finely sliced
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- 3 eggs
- Oil, for frying
- For the coating:
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp of milk
- 100g of fresh breadcrumbs
- Black pepper
- First of all place the breadcrumbs, leek, mustard, salt, pepper, cheese and parsley in a bowl and stir before adding the eggs and mixing well.
- Next, mould the mixture into 16 sausage shapes and place to one side.
- Place the egg for the coating and milk in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, seasoned, in another, then dip each sausage in the egg, then the breadcrumbs and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add some oil to a pan and place on a medium heat and fry on each side until browned. Place in the oven for five minutes to ensure they are heated through.