Finding food for Jacob to eat at first was tricky with him being dairy, egg, soya and peanut free. But once someone told me just let him eat what I eat, my mindset changed. These pancakes are great, tasty for all the family, even if some people aren’t on a free from diet, and easy to make in the mornings. The banana and oil replace the egg, and you can use any alternative milk too.
- 1 banana, mushed
- Blueberries, as many as you fancy
- 1 tbsp oil, plus more for frying
- 295ml alternative milk
- 175g of plain flour (you could try gluten free flour if need to)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Sugar for sprinkling on top, or any topping you fancy!
- Mix the oil and vanilla essence into the banana, then gradually add the milk.
- Add the flour and mix well to get rid of any lumps. Nothing worse than floury lumps!
- Add the blueberries and mix once more.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add some of the mix, make them a little thicker than usual pancakes. (They keep together well, which helps for flipping). Cook for a couple of minutes each side until browned and the blueberries are lovely and sticky. Makes about four pancakes in total.
- Sprinkle with sugar, or whatever you want!