Using leftover sausage, this is a fab meal for the whole family. It doesn’t contain dairy or egg but cheese can be used separately if there’s some one who doesn’t eat a free from diet in the house. Which means you don’t need to cook different meals, but the flavour is still there. This cooks for two, but double as you need.
- 4 thin leftover sausages, or any meat you fancy
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp of barbecue sauce
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- A bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped roughly
- 125g of cooked rice
- 4 large wraps
- Zest of half a lemon
Serve with (optional):
- Chilli sauce
- Put the pepper, chilli and spring onion in a frying pan and gently fry until softened.
- In a separate pan gently fry the onion slices until they are soft and then add the chopped up sausage and fry until cooked through.
- Add the garlic and spices to the veg and fry for a further minute before adding the rice, lemon zest, seasoning and parsley and let cook for five more minutes.
- Add the barbecue sauce to the sausages and cook through for a few minutes until they have turned lovely and sticky.
- Warm the wraps for a few seconds in the microwave or in a dry pan, and then assemble your wraps with anything else you fancy. A good dollop of salsa on the side is lovely!